www.malaysianidentity.com    .    Exploration of Malaysian Design + Culture + Products
Branding Malaysia        Page 2 of 2        Goto page Previous  1, 2

nurul

Site Admin Posts: 88 Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post subject:

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:01 pm

Interesting view I would say Iz. I personally would prefer quality then quantity, but it also depending on how much the price will be on the quality. It the price for good quality product is too expensive, then the whole scenario start to sort of creating a different status of consumer. Means that only the 'rich' people can affort to buy the quality product. What about the middle class consumer or the poor consumer?

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website

mingalababya

Posts: 7 Joined: 06 Nov 2006 Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post subject:

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm

nurul wrote:
It the price for good quality product is too expensive, then the whole scenario start to sort of creating a different status of consumer. Means that only the 'rich' people can affort to buy the quality product. What about the middle class consumer or the poor consumer?

I think people will generally weigh up the quality of a product against the price to see if it's good value or not before they buy. I know some people will only buy 'branded' stuff just for the sake of the brand name coz they feel they fit the image of that particular brand but the smart consumer will look for value rather than brand name or price alone.

And good value doesn't necessarily mean poor quality either. If I may use another example from the aviation industry (as you can see, I'm crazy about this industry! lol), many of the low cost carriers that you see these days, like Jetstar, Virgin Blue etc, use brand spanking new aircraft; much newer than the established full service airlines, and are able to offer very cheap airfares with reasonable service standards. Sure, you're not getting the same service on board as full service airlines, but this is understood and if all you want is to get from A to B safely and efficiently, then their service levels are on par with the established airlines.

So what makes Virgin Blue and Jetstar a success is how they market themselves as good value airlines .. not cheap, cost cutting airlines, but good value for the service they provide. So marketting is the key; you can sell anything if it's been marketted properly so long as you deliver the services you set out to provide.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website

Proton

Post subject:

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Hmmm, very interesting point of view, but dont you think that somehow the advertising company or the brand company seduce the consumer in many different ways. The way they persuade people interest and sort of get people to try their product. But then at the end of the day, I think the consumer have the right to choose. I just hope that we, consumer wont get influent by the branding and advertising process.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic   View next topic